The University of Minnesota (U of M) Chapter of Tau Sigma - National Honors Society is designed exclusively for transfer students. We recognize and promote the academic excellence and involvement of transfer students on the Twin Cities campus. U of M Tau Sigma was established in fall 2013 and inducted their first members in the spring semester of 2014.
Tau Sigma - U of M Chapter seeks to provide opportunities for transfers students to:
- Be acknowledged for outstanding academic achievements.
- Engage in scholarship on campus.
- Take leadership roles on campus.
- Apply for national scholarships specific to transfer students.
To be eligible for membership, students must meet following criteria:
- Transferred from another academic institution of higher education with at least one full year of academic credits (24-30) satisfied at their prior institution(s).
- Be enrolled full-time (min. 12 semester credits) in a degree-granting program.
- After a student’s first term of enrollment, one (1) semester, students must earn a minimum cumulative grade point average (GPA) of 3.5.
Interested in becoming a member of Tau Sigma? Email our chapter at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tau Sigma Events Calendar
Click on the "+ Google Calendar" button to sync this calendar with your own.